2019 Update: Kits are now compatible with either Lynx 1 or 2. Kits include zener diodes for both through-hole (Lynx 1) or surface mount (Lynx 2) usage.
These kits contain replacements for the common failure points in the Lynx power supply circuit. Surface mount tools recommended for installation!
- New Zener diode
- MOSFET IC - the usual culprit for no-power-on conditions
- Two 3906 transistors - another culprit for no-power-on conditions
- Power jack - these have internal switches that can fail, causing a Lynx to work on battery or DC power only
Lynx 1 component locations:
- ZD1: Zener diode (uses through-hole type diode)
- Q4, Q13: 3906 transistors
- Q11: MOSFET
- R56: 30 Ohm replacement resistor, not needed for all Lynx units. This increases regulator circuit voltage slightly for picky Lynx units that need a few more tenths of a volt to work.
Lynx 2 component locations:
- D13: Zener diode (uses surface mount diode, installed with stripe towards R74 / TP19)
- Q7, Q8: 3906 transistors
- Q12: MOSFET
- R74: 30 Ohm replacement resistor, not needed for all Lynx units. This increases regulator circuit voltage slightly for picky Lynx units that need a few more tenths of a volt to work.
2019-04 - No longer splil by Lynx 1 or 2 - one kit will work with either version
2018-02 - Added 30 ohm surface mount resistor