Upgrade your DMG Game Boy console with a modern backlit LCD screen.
These screens have a slightly larger display area and feature a pixeled image similar to stock, but still with a vast improvement clarity.
Features a complete replacement for the original LCD PCB for fast installation.
Installation Instructions with photos are available in our support Wiki
From the designer:
- IPS panels are characterized as having the best color and viewing angles.
- Perfectly compatible gray scale adjustment button for brightness adjustment.
- Built-in 36 retro color combinations.
- 11% larger than the original LCD.
- LCD and the ribbon of the overall power consumption between 0.3 w to 0.8 w.
- Perfectly mimics the spacing between pixels in early LCDs. Almost the same picture.
Our kit includes:
- IPS display
- Exclusive design centering bracket which minimizes shell modification needs, and allows you to leave the LCD protective cover installed so that you can test & finalize the mod with the protector still in place.
- Display controller ribbon cable
- New upper control panel PCB
- New glass screen with larger viewing area
- Control panel PCB to DMG-CPU ribbon cable
Included parts that you don't need:
- Adhesive pad for LCD mounting. These are shipped by the manufacturer but not necessary when using our bracket.
- Touch sensor for controller ribbon. Prepackaged but not used by this kit.