We use 4 condition grades to describe products sold at Console5:
Excellent items appear to be unused or only lightly used. Excellent means that the evidence of usage is minimal.
- Boxes have no obvious defects and minimal evidence of handling
- Manuals have only minimal evidence of handling
- Cartridges show clean labels and only minor evidence of usage, such as light insertion marks
- CDs and DVDs look brand new new
- Floppy disks look brand new
Good items show normal and typical wear from usage but are free of significant defects.
- Boxes show minor shelf wear or evidence of handling
- Paperwork has light creasing or minor dog ears, warping
- Cartridges show minor handling or wear on labels, visible insertion marks
- CDs and DVDs are clean with only very faint evidence of usage
- Floppy disks have minor marks on label or exterior
Fair items show visible signs of wear and tear.
- Boxes may be dented or have minor tears or damage of minor signifcance, such as a missing interior flap
- Paperwork shows heavy usage and wear
- Cartridges may have marks and label wear or adhesive staining (Actiplaque)
- CDs and DVDs have minor marks or evidence of handling, possible stable spindle cracks
- Floppy disks have adhesive staining and/or label damage (exterior is still in good or better shape)
Poor condition means that an item has obvious defects and damage.
- Boxes may be squished, missing flaps, have tears, etc.
- Manuals may be torn, missing pages or have cut our forms
- Cartridges may have torn labels, scratched cases, staining, writing, etc.
- CDs and DVDs: We will not sell poor condition optical media.
- Floppy disks have missing or severly damaged labels (exterior is still in good or better shape)
Poor items are not trash, nor are they non-functional (unless noted), but they would not be considered "collector" quality.
We try to err on the side of under-grading our prouducts. Whenever possible, photographs of the actual item are displayed.
If a photo is not displayed, or if you would like additional photos or details, we would be more than happy to help! Please Contact Us with your request.