This page is specifically for the smaller, greyish colored Intellivision II console. For standard Intellivision units, such as the original model 2609, Tandyvision 1, and INTV System III, please see the Intellivision page.
- +5V Regulator: 7805
- CPU: General Instruments CP-1610K
- STIC: AY-3-8900
- Sound Generator, Controller Input: AY-3-8914A
- Color Processor Chip: AY-3-8915
- RAM (System): RA-3-9600
- RAM (Graphics and Scratchpad): 2114
- ROM (Graphics): RO-3-9503
- ROM (EXEC): RO-3-9506
Voltage Test Points
Power PCB Astec AA7170 - Mattel 5872-9539 C4 3300uF 35v C8 470uF 16v C11 47uF 10v C12 47uF 16v C13 100uF 16v C14 10uF 16v C15 100uF 16v C16 47uF 10v C17 10uF 16v Main PCB (Rev F, Rev H) C19 4.7uF 50v BP (25v OK here) N/A .47uF 50v
Reset Button Quick Power Off Modification
Inty II reset buttons are frequently broken or work poorly. We have replacement dome switch buttons that upgrade the original clip-in style buttons and will fix things right up!
On the Inty II, the power button doubles as the reset button. To power off the console the reset button must be held down for several seconds. If not held for quite long enough, or if the power button on the PCB is worn and not making good contact, the process begins again. It can actually be a challenge to power off an Inty II when conditions aren't quite right.
To shorten the length of time, replace R15 on the power supply with a 2.2Mohm resistor. 2.2Mohm resistors are included with all Intellivision II cap kits.
At least one revision was made which added some missing resistors to the address lines of the AY-3-8914A sound chip.
Astec Power Supply Revisions
(at least) Two versions of the Astec AA7170 exist. These numbers are on the bottom of the PCB:
- Should have a modification which adds a 2A thermal fuse. This power supply is easily removable.
- Comes with thermal fuse as part of PCB design. This power supply may be soldered via ribbon cable to the main PCB.